Who we are:
Global Fund for Children works to build a world where all children and youth are safe, strong, and valued. To that end, we partner with innovative, locally led organisations, helping them deepen their impact and build their capacity for social change. By pairing flexible funding with targeted capacity development services, we help our partners grow stronger and more responsive to challenges on the ground. Since 1997, we have invested $51 million in more than 900 organisations, reaching 11 million children and youth worldwide. Learn more: www.globalfundforchildren.org.
Who we need:
Do you love telling stories with both narratives and numbers? Are you passionate about using digital marketing strategies to advance social causes? Do you thrive by helping people and projects stay organised and working to maximize their audience and impact? We want to talk to you.
We’re looking for a full-time Communications & Marketing Officer to join Global Fund for Children’s London, United Kingdom office to develop, implement, track, and optimize digital marketing campaigns and coordinate initiative-based communications. This is a new position.
Reporting to GFC’s Director of Communications & Marketing, you will join a multinational team of caring and committed individuals who believe in investing in bold ideas to help grassroots organisations deepen their impact and advocate for children’s rights. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of GFC’s mission and vision, and to embrace our values of courage, passion, partnership, learning, inclusion, and excellence.
What you’ll do:
• Create and manage email and donation campaigns using GFC’s online fundraising and marketing platform
• Write and post blogs and stories on GFC’s website; create and update other web content
• Execute search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to increase organic website traffic
• Facilitate web development and digital advertising projects in collaboration with marketing consultants
• Collect, analyse, and share digital analytics and trends, and incorporate this learning into new audience growth strategies
• Coordinate communications for GFC initiatives in the UK and globally, including initiatives focused on racial and gender justice
• Collaborate with the Communications & Marketing Team to develop and implement GFC’s overall communications strategy, including support to digital fundraising campaigns
• Provide writing, editorial, and project management support for print and web publications
• Assist with media monitoring, research, and outreach, with a focus on UK news media
• Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
• At least 3 years of professional experience in marketing, communications, advertising, brand management, or a related field
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
• Excellent English writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience using digital and social analytics, email marketing systems, and website content management systems to implement digital marketing strategies; experience with Google Analytics, Luminate Online, and WordPress a plus
• Experience in developing and growing networks of digital supporters
• Working knowledge of basic HTML coding; CSS a plus
• Ability to maintain brand and messaging consistency while tailoring content for specific audiences and platforms
• Strong attention to detail, design, and brand
• Collaborative team player, relationship builder, and cross-cultural communicator
• Proactive approach; ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Knowledge of community-based and/or international development, children’s rights, or other social justice issues
• Commitment to amplifying the voices of GFC’s partners and youth; commitment to GFC’s mission and values
• A working knowledge of a second language spoken in any GFC region a plus
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, with notice
What we offer:
• Salary: £30,000 to £36,000
• Weekly hours: 35 hours per week
• Pension: After successful completion of probation, employees are auto-enrolled on the GFC workplace pension scheme, which includes a 4% employer contribution with 4% employee contribution
• Holidays: Basic allowance is 24 days annual leave and 8 English bank holidays; this rises to 29 days basic allowance after 5 years
• Flexible Working Location: GFC is open to applications from candidates across the UK that are willing to travel regularly to our London office
GFC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We particularly encourage applications from communities that have historically been excluded from philanthropy and from under-represented groups, including candidates who identify as LGBTQI+; from Black, Asian, and minoritized backgrounds; with a disability, impairment, learning difference, or long-term condition; with caring responsibilities; from different nations and regions; and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
If you are an applicant with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Learn more about us at www.globalfundforchildren.org.