Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior Program Assistant to join the US & Border Field Office team at the headquarters in San Diego, California.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Program Assistant for US & Border Field Office is to manage administrative and clerical tasks that ensure the success the program portfolio. The SPA works closely with various Directors to: procure and distribute project supplies; coordinate travel, meetings, and special events; ensure proper documentation, storage, retrieval & circulation of financial and project records; manage confidential staff and client records; prepare and reconcile project related costs (e.g. purchase orders, travel and mileage reimbursements, project supplies); communicate with vendors, contracted partners, and referral sources; schedule/set up meetings and conference spaces; enter data and provide summary reports for project referrals and enrollments. In support of the Finance Director, the SPA will specifically: ensure expenses and accounts payables are recorded properly in accounting system software (Concur); ensure all accounts payable are documented, recorded, and approved by Program Director(s) and ensure documentation within SharePoint. Provides necessary documentation and seek support to Finance Director when needed.
Responsibility Area: Administration
- Project supply coordination – obtain multiple quotes to ensure best pricing/quality, purchase and/or order US&BP project related materials and ensuring that project supplies are inventoried and kept in sufficient quantities for optimal program efficiency.
- Calendar administration – manages, prepares, and shares calendars as needed for US&BP project on-site and off-site staff meetings, events, and trainings, including occasional coordination of daycare services.
- Assist in maintaining the project related vehicle (van): weekly van checks and start up; routine maintenance (annual checkup, oil change every 3k miles); support staff awareness of and compliance with safety guidelines and procedures; work with Finance Director to maintain vehicle registration and documentation of van related resources (insurance, etc)
- Preparing project related envelopes and packages
Responsibility Area: Clerical Accounting
- Review and organize vendor invoices that need processing; code invoices for correct account and cost center allocation
- Enter the vendor invoices into our accounting system (Concur)
- Obtain Project Director/Manager approval for all transactions to be paid via ACH and via credit card prior to purchasing.
- For monthly recurring expenses, obtain an authorized purchase request form from the relevant Project Director/Manager
- Obtain approval from Finance Director for A/P batches in a monthly basis
- Assist with maintaining petty cash
- Responsible for obtaining the documentation of all credit card expenses from Directors/Managers on a weekly basis
- Assist in the documentation of GAAP-in-kind; when receiving donations make sure that a letter is received with the donation date, and the donation value, so that the office can account for the donation
- Scan hard copy of credit card receipts in a weekly basis and files them in the common drive as needed
- Verify discrepancies and resolve vendor/staff billing issues and questions
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting vendors
Responsibility Area: Communications & Program Support
- Assists in responding to public inquiries via telephone, fax, mail, electronic mail, etc.
- Receives, documents and assigns program referrals from partner agencies to staff; tracks the outcomes and reports back to the Project Director and referring partners on a regular basis
- Event coordination: facilitate the planning, organization, and implementation of US&BP events including preparation for presentations and meetings (logistics, printing, set up, etc.), working to ensure quality and high profile implementation
- Maintains confidential and HIPPA complaint records, including entering client visits from partner invoices into the Salesforce system
- Assists with data entry and verification of services billed by external partners contracted by the programs
- Manages drop off and pick up of program supplies from vendors and/or storage unit as needed
- Participate in agency, project, and partner activities and meetings
- Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the Supervisor
POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be available to work overtime during peak periods
- Must have reliable transportation for regular travel around San Diego County
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience supporting financial processes and familiarity with Salesforce, Adaptive, and Concur is an asset
- Interest in health, psychology, social work and/or international development is an asset
- Working knowledge of their work discipline and 2 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required
- Fluent in English (read, write, speak) is required, second languages are a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years’ directly related experience in a formal office setting
- Strong experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.