Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the
nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving
women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and
political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other
organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended
pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed
and responsible health care decisions. Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and
Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks a Manager, Prospect Management. This job
reports to the Associate Director, Prospect Management in the Principal and Major Gifts Team
(PMG) of PPFA. The PMG team raises revenue from high net-worth individuals and families by
building and deepening relationships to yield six, seven and eight figure gifts to support the
mission of PPFA, PPAF, PPVotes, and the Federal PAC.
Purpose : The Manager, Prospect Management is responsible for developing and managing
projects that facilitate the analysis and strategy for Principal & Major Gifts/High Touch portfolios
in the National Office and Planned Parenthood affiliates participating in the Collaborative
Fundraising Program (CFP) to ensure the continued effectiveness and efficiency of fundraising
Delivery : The Manager, Prospect Management will develop and manage processes, assess and
analyze high-touch portfolio management data and facilitate delivery and comprehension of
data visualizations for multiple stakeholders within PPFA’s Development Team and Affiliate
Partners in the CFP program.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative, curious, and nimble, and able to align fundraising
strategy to metrics and data. They will develop and maintain partnerships with both internal
and external stakeholders, and be able to communicate both the big picture and all the small
details. This position will be expected to:
● Coordinate between teams and gift officers – to ensure that donor-centric strategy is
being built into and is reflected in assignments, and to facilitate smooth transitions
between those handling donor relationships
● Participate in the Prospect Assignment process, including researching and evaluating
prospects, and making assignment recommendations
● Strategize with PMG Team leadership about improving existing processes as well as
identifying and implementing new systems to streamline workflows
○ Collaborate with DDS team to ensure that we are utilizing the available
salesforce objects to best meet our teams’ reporting needs
○ Manage the overall project of creating dynamic reporting and dashboard
creation based on the needs of our partner stakeholders
○ Analyze and identify iterative improvements
● Collaborate with CFP partners to ensure that our processes meet their needs
○ Maintain proactive relationship with a portfolio of affiliates, ensuring continued
mastery of PM standards & practices, troubleshooting issues, generally ensuring
a collaborative program
○ Analyze existing CFP-facing processes and build out new workflows to address
any unmet needs
○ Deliver and help implement new processes to CFP
○ Review and solicit feedback on all PM practices to ensure that they are scalable
to CFP needs
● Ensure Prospect Development process comprehension, compliance, and data
consistency across the division and CFP program
○ Develop process guides for a variety of audiences with a variety of
○ Leading training sessions of staff with the goal of self-sufficiency in high-touch
prospect management standards & practices
○ Manage a data-focused bi-monthly conversation among a cohort of peers
● Manage communications across teams, departments, and affiliates fostering continued
collaborative relationships with all stakeholders to identify needs, solicit feedback, and
deliver products through a donor-centric lens
● Analyze metrics data on a monthly basis
● Thorough involvement with professional organizations such as APRA, keeps abreast of
best practices, ethics, and fundraising industry trends.
Engagement: This manager will partner with stakeholders from across Development (including:
Midlevel, CFP SMEs, Planned Giving, DevSys, Foundations, PMG Frontline, PMG Operations,
CFP Core Team, Donor Relations, and Affiliate Resources & Leadership Engagement Team) to
ensure alignment of Prospect Management Processes within the wider context of all business
rules related to use of Salesforce and the Development team’s approach to standardized goals
50% of this role will be focused on maintaining a collegial and proactive relationship with a
portfolio of CFP affiliates, ensuring their continued mastery of Prospect Management standards
& practices, troubleshooting issues, generally ensuring a collaborative program.
Serve as point person for Affiliate partners and frontline PMG staff to facilitate the assessment
of their needs and guiding them in best practices for use of Salesforce
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
● 2 to 3 years of directly related, progressively responsible experience in fundraising,
research, data management and/or analytics.
● Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
● Exceptional attention to detail.
● Excellent problem solving skills, initiative and resourcefulness
● Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to work in a team environment with multiple clients
and stakeholders, both internal and external.
● Ability to work independently and manage large projects
● Strong skills with Microsoft Office and/or Google G Suite Business Solutions
● Strong skills with relational databases (SalesForce, Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud CRM).
● A keen interest and flexibility to quickly learn new systems and software.
● Grace under pressure in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment.
● Natural curiosity and ability to synthesize large amounts of data into a clear and concise
● A motivated team player with exceptional communication skills and interpersonal savvy.
● A deep commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission and to an inclusive and equitable
TRAVEL : 10%
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program. Planned
Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is
committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to
creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity,
customer focus, and innovation.
If interested, please apply at: https://jobs.lever.co/ppfa/39fc3831-09af-42f1-981f-aeea46e9b028