Salary: £45,000 – £60,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
Hours: 35 hours (full time)
Location: Remote (worldwide) but will have to be able to travel once the COVID restrictions are lifted.
Contract duration: 31 December 2021, contract will be renewed depending on funding
Start date: Immediately or as soon as possible.
Overview: The Campaign aims to build an international network that brings together individuals and organizations interested in promoting and providing safe abortion. We aim to create a shared platform for advocacy, debate, dialogue, and sharing skills and experience. The Campaign is reorganizing its work structure and team. The ICWRSA Coordinator will lead the next phase of its growth and impact, and its advocacy work.
Accountability: The Coordinator reports to the Board of Trustees.
The Job involves:
• Implementing the Campaign’s strategic plan and annual plan, and related work planning, assuring that the organization makes consistent and timely progress towards achieving its mission.
• Developing and monitoring the Campaign’s funding ecosystem and significantly expanding resource mobilization – including with Foundations, multi-lateral agencies – to ensure that the Campaign’s financial capacity can meet programmatic demand.
• Inspiring and managing the staff team
• Leading and recruiting staff to create a strong ICWRSA culture.
• Coordinating with the Board of Trustees to report on performance and advocate for the organization.
• Drafting internal reports, strengthening governance mechanisms and related tasks to ensure accountability to the Board of Trustees and Advisory Committee.
• Engaging with the Campaign’s members, Advisory Committee and Board of Trustees and Advisors, including planning meetings and ensuring regular communication.
• Identifying advocacy opportunities to raise awareness on safe abortion
• Leading the Campaign’s advocacy activities and representing the Campaign at international, regional, or local levels; from large international, agencies, and UN conferences, INGOs to on-the-ground interactions with national members, activists, and the general public.
• Maintaining existing relationships and developing new relationships with key strategic allies and partners.
• Develop systems for the smooth functioning of Campaign – internal and external policies.
• Oversee and manage program budgets.
• Bring visibility to the Campaign at local, regional, and global levels
Knowledge and experience needed:
• Commitment to universal access to safe abortion as a public health and human rights issue.
• Critical understanding and commitment to feminism; social justice movements, and an understanding of SRHR, particularly Safe Abortion from a right’s perspective.
• Minimum 5 years in a senior leadership position in the women’s rights/SRHR space and is familiar and comfortable with managing budgets and ensuring financial accountability.
• Track record of running successful campaign(s) and/or advocacy project(s)
• Passion and creativity to design critical programs and advocacy initiatives as well as use out of the box thinking to solve problems.
• Excellent delegation skills and experience with managing teams to provide supervision to ensure effective programs.
• Well-versed or comfortable with managing teams and programs remotely, across multiple time zones and countries, using technology and other tools.
• Understanding of governance structures for organizations, with experience working with Boards.
• Willing to travel for organisational and programme-related work.
• Has a collaborative nature, excellent interpersonal skills and proven track record of teamwork and generous and confident leadership.
• Comfort with technology is an essential requirement.
• Excellent English language skills are required. Knowledge of one or more additional languages welcome.
How to apply
Please send your CV, and a cover letter (1-2 pages max) explaining why you are interested in the job and how you think the Campaign ought to develop over the next 3-5 years. Please provide contact details of two referees who can be contacted if you are successful at interview stage. The application deadline is Thursday 17 June 2021, 9am BST.
Please indicate if you are available for an interview on 24, 25 or 28 June 2021 and where you have seen the job advertisement.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: ICWRSA Coordinator