- Coordinates and implements a strategic plan for an assigned area of advancement, which may include alumni, constituent relations, annual giving and/or fundraising. This may include soliciting and closing individual major gifts, annual fund coordination and stewardship activities. Scope of fundraising limits established by advancement leadership at each campus.
- Performs a variety of assignments and analyses that impact the Advancement function
- Understands key functional drivers and uses this understanding to accomplish/complete own work
- Solves problems in straightforward situations
- Analyzes potential solutions using experience, judgments and precedence, providing input and recommendations
- Impacts the quality of own work and the work of others on the team, ensuring efficient workflows, productivity, etc.
- Explains complex information to others in a straightforward manner
- Collaborates with internal and external parties
- Directs alumni engagement and relations program for medical school graduates, students, and residents. Works for the Advancement team and partners with communications and other departments as needed, to coordinate annual events, programs, and strategic messaging to increase alumni awareness, engagement, drive philanthropic support for results in revenue and participation with overall goal of building support for the school’s mission and goals.
- Plans and implements the annual Physicians Alumni Weekend, Medical Alumni Awards, Stethoscope Presentation event along with other events as needed to drive strategy for philanthropic engagement. This includes scheduling speakers; engaging reunion class agents to coordinate class activities; managing the nomination and selection processes; coordinating communications and online registration; developing program materials and scripts; and contracting with vendors for event venues, catering, tickets and awards.
- Coordinates the Medical Alumni Organization and its Board of Governors to support the school through outreach and engagement opportunities, along with other volunteer groups as needed for furthering of Alumni involvement.
- Works with the School of Medicine Advancement team on program solicitations, including the annual White Coat & Stethoscope Program, class scholarships and opportunities including the Groshong Lectureship, along with other projects as needed to drive philanthropic revenue and engagement.
- Serves as a liaison with the Mizzou Alumni Association. Facilitates the annual partnership agreement defining goals for MAA membership and alumni engagement activities. Works closely with central alumni records management staff to ensure alumni data is updated and correct.
- Serves to drive a digital strategy for engaging Alumni for engagement, awareness, and philanthropy, including Twitter, Facebook and other tools as needed.
- Works in partnership with the School of Medicine Advancement team to further movement of Alumni through portfolios for further engagement and opportunities for their philanthropy.
- Serves for furthering strategy and engagement of Alumni for philanthropic delivery via metrics and evaluations.
$53,600 – $96,992 Annually
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Three years of experience in alumni relations or external affairs is preferred.
- Experience in planning large and small events and working with diverse volunteers is essential.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with alumni, students, faculty and staff
Founded in 1839, the University of Missouri is the oldest public university west of the Mississippi River. MU provides all the benefits of two universities in one: It is a major land-grant institution with a statewide mission of service to citizens, as well as Missouri’s largest public research university. Considered one of the nation’s top-tier institutions, Mizzou is one of only 34 public universities, and the only public institution in Missouri, to be selected for membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities.
Mizzou Advancement emphasizes talent acquisition and professional development in service to our overall mission of enhancing private support of the University of Missouri. As a result, the division continues to attract top talent from around the country. Comprising 180 staff members with a presence across the United States and around the world, Mizzou Advancement announced the $1.3 billion Mizzou: Our Time to Lead campaign in October 2015. At its conclusion in 2020, it was the most successful philanthropic campaign in the University’s history, at over $1.4 billion.
At Mizzou Advancement, we celebrate our diverse community of donors, alumni, staff, and friends. We are committed to taking bold steps to create an inclusive culture where everyone is seen, heard, and valued. Our team is continually learning and growing on our journey to embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. We believe that diversity of views, informed by a breadth of life experiences, help us to understand our humanity more deeply and improve our service to mankind. Our efforts to be inclusive must be intentional and thoughtful, so that we might realize the full benefit of the diversity we seek to build within Advancement. Together we are stronger. Together we are better. Together we are Mizzou Advancement.