Banyan Global seeks Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Consultants with energy sector expertise to support GESI analysis, assessment, and integration into energy, water, and sanitation investments in Eastern Europe and Eurasia. The consultancy is open to residents and citizens of 1) Ukraine, 2) Moldova, 3) North Macedonia, 4) Albania, and 5) Serbia.
The GESI Consultants will collaborate with Banyan Global to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Investments in Developing Energy Assets (IDEA) Activity. The IDEA activity aims to improve regional energy supply, security, reliability, and efficiency by supporting large and mid-size capital investments across all energy sector value chains in 12 partner countries in Europe and Eurasia. Banyan Global leads the GESI integration strategy for IDEA ensuring women and girls and other vulnerable persons fully participate in and benefit from the investments.
The consultant will closely collaborate with Banyan Global Headquarter team based in Washington, DC, and USAID/IDEA Activity team. The responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• GESI Analysis: Conduct research on gender equality and social inclusion issues relevant to investment opportunities in the energy, water, and sanitation sectors in Ukraine, Moldova, North Macedonia, Albania, or Serbia.
• GESI Integration Strategy Development: Contribute to the development of gender equality and social inclusion integration strategies fostering inclusivity and empowerment within the energy sector investments.
• Assessment Support: Assist in the review of investment opportunities from a GESI perspective during initial scoping, pre-feasibility, and feasibility assessments.
• Risk Consideration: Identify potential GESI-related risks associated with specific investment opportunities and contribute to strategies for mitigating these risks.
• Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with relevant stakeholders including community members, civil society groups, government agencies, USAID, energy companies, and investors to ensure GESI integration into activities.
The responsibilities may evolve over the course of the assignment based on the needs and priorities of Banyan Global and USAID.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience in relevant field, such as gender studies, women’s studies, international development, or a related social science discipline, or Master’s degree with 8 years of experience
• Proven expertise and experience in gender equality and social inclusion research, analysis, and integration within the context of energy or other relevant sector investments
• Knowledge of energy sector, investment processes, and related socio-economic impacts
• In-depth understanding of regional context and current affairs in Eastern Europe and Eurasia
• Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills targeting diverse stakeholders
• Proficiency in English for verbal and written communication
• USAID project experience and knowledge preferred
Applicants must submit their updated resume/CV through Banyan Global’s career portal (https://careers-banyanglobal.icims.com/jobs/1850/consultant%2c-gender-equality-and-social-inclusion-%e2%80%93-europe-and-eurasia-%28multiple-positions-available%29/job)
About the Company
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working around the world. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender; youth; health; finance and investment; enterprise development; and monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Banyan Global is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender expression. We recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and intentionally strive for diversity and inclusion at all organizational levels.
Applicants must submit their updated resume/CV through Banyan Global’s career portal